Nose Tip and Nostrils 10 Days Post Op?

I had Rhinoplasty 10 days ago and I love the way it looks at the top. However my tip is up and my nostrils look "tight", as if I I was holding it in...is this normal? will the tip drop and the nostrils "open" wider?

After a rhinoplasty procedure, most patients will have moderate swelling

+1

The amount of swelling and the time it takes to go down after rhinoplasty depends on several factors such as the surgeon's technique, open versus closed approach, whether the nasal bones were broken, and the number of prior nasal surgeries.   Individual differences in healing can also play a factor.

During the first week, most patients will have moderate swelling. Usually by the end of the second week, much of the bruising and swelling have subsided to the point that it is not obvious to the casual observer that the patient has had surgery.

In any case, the nose will look swollen for 3 to 4 months, recognizable primarily to the patient and his surgeon.  It usually takes a full year for the residual swelling to resolve and the final result be apparent.

Follow-up with your surgeon after 3 weeks if you feel the swelling has not gone down.

-Ross A. Clevens, MD

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Ten days post rhinoplasty surgery is to soon to determine any post operative result. Swelling takes an entire year to fully dissipate and I would suggest seeing your surgeon for frequent follow up appointments and express your concerns. He/she will be best to determine where you are in the recovery phase. With no before or after photographs it is hard to help you with any other advice and would be to soon to determine possible final results. Best regards and quick healing to you! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD