Nose Tilted to One Side After Rhinoplasy

I had rhinoplasty 22 days ago to make make nose bigger. Now my nose is tilted to one side especially around the eye area. It's tilted to the right from the very top and comes back to the center as it goes to the tip.  My doctor told me it's due to swelling but when I touch the rightside, it's exactly in the shape of the implant, and relatively flat on the left, like there's nothing there. I'm very worried and stressed by it. My surgeon is so not friendly. I dont know what to do. Please Help!!

Nose Tlted after Rhinoplasty

+1

Asymmetry is probably secondary to swelling. You do refer to an "implant", which may have shifted.  I always advise patients to listen to their surgeons, but if you're not satisfied get a second opinion, even though you just had surgery.

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is still very soon after your procedure, and swelling will be present for 18-24 months following surgery. At this point, it would be best for you to speak with your surgeon about any concerns, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. He/she will be able to give you the best advice regarding your issue. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Crooked nose after nose job.

+1

Do not be afraid about discussing this with your surgeon. Implants are relatively uncommon in the US whereas grafts are more commonly performed. Get this clarified.

Rhinoplasty

+1

What you are feeling is probably the implant or graft material.  Follow your doctor's instructions for post-op care and discuss your concerns with him.