Nose tilted down towards the left?

My left nostril is about a cm or half a cm lower than my right, my nose has been damaged many times and is now a lot bigger and more crooked than originally, my reason for asking though is, I have looked at old photos of myself and my nostrils are perfectly symmetrical so this isn't my normal nose positioning. Could this asymmetry be caused because of the rest of my nose being crooked and because of the previous damaged my nose has gotten, Could this be corrected if my nose was straightened.

Nose tilted down towards the left?

+1

Nostril asymmetry along with the other elements of the nose may be improved with rhinoplasty and/or septoplasty.

Crooked nose may result from trauma

+1

It really is impossible to answer your question without examining your nose. If your nose looked different after trauma, it is possible that surgery to correct the anatomical defect would improve the appearance. Possibly your septum has been fractured and is malpositioned and that is contributing to the asymmetry. Seek out a facial plastic surgeon, who understands nasal appearance and function, to get answers to your questions.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon