Nose Thinning and Lengthening?

I believe my nose to be too short for my face (making my jaw seem heavier and the philtrum too long). The nose is not upturned, but is short and bulbous on a long face. I would like a refined, long, thin nose. Are there grafts that can lower the actual nostril base (like if you put your fingers under your nostrils and pull down)? Or do spreader grafts only work for upturned noses?

Nose Thinning and Lengthening?

+1
All the problems you are referring to can be corrected. The nose can be lengthened and the nostrils can be lowered. There are also a multitude of techniques to thin the nasal tip as well. As far as spreader grafts go, I don’t think that is what you need. Spreader grafts are used to widen the nasal dorsum, straighten an asymmetric middle third of the nasal dorsum and/or address breathing issues. It is hard to answer your question more precisely without seeing good pictures. I suggest you consult with a reputable local Facial Plastic Surgeon. Best of luck!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, most noses can be lengthened if needed.

+1

Without examining your nose, it is hard to tell exactly what you need; but your requests do not seem unreasonable. There are various techniques for lengthening a nose or giving the appearance of a longer nose.  Dorsal spreader grafts can be used as what are called extended dorsal extension grafts in severe cases.  You would need to be examined to see exactly what you might need. Thick skin can also be an issue that may require some grafting.  

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD  Worcester MA

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for nose thinning and lengthening

+1

Without pictures it very difficult to tell what may or may not be needed with your  nose. Spreader grafts are used for valve collapse/vestibular stenosis and repair a concave upper lateral cartilage. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try, so that you can get an idea of what you want prior to your consultation with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Please see the link below to our rhinoplasty  photo gallery and virtual imaging

Increasing nasal tip projection

+1

Extending the nose and increasing nasal projection can be performed.  This usually encompasses using septal cartilage to push the nose out.  Photographs of your nasal shape would be of benefit.  

Nose Thinning and Lengthening?

+1

There are a number of maneuvers that can be employed to create a longer appearing nose and a shorter appearing philtrum.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nose Thinning and Lengthening

+1

The nose can be thinned and lengthened with rhinoplasty surgery. I don't know if spreader grafts would be helpful in your nose. I need to see a full set of pictures to put all of this in perspective for you. Go to my website for instructions on views to submit for nasal evaluation.