Nose Swelling? (photo)

I had my cast removed a few hours ago, it was quite painful and immediately after removal I noticed a large lump on the side of my nose, my surgeon looked a little concerned but said it was likely just swelling. I would like to get a second opinion on how long it will take for the swelling to subside, I know it can take from 6 months to a year but at the moment Im concerned with the noticable lump. Also, I feel the tip is quite projected, will it become less projected as time goes on?

Nose swelling?

+2

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months for the final result to be evident. The nose continues to change as you heal. I would recommend keeping in contact with your surgeon and following up so they can ensure you are healing properly. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Swelling immediately after cast removal

+2

Was your nose asymmetrical before the surgery? Was there a bump there before surgery?

Most likely it is post surgical swelling. If it is there when you return on your next visit ask your surgeon>

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon