Nose Swelling 3 Weeks After Drinking Alcohol (6 Months Post Op)

When will the extra swelling go down?^ months ago I had rhinoplasty. I drank alcohol and my nose started swelling.That was 3 weeks ago and my nose is still swollen. Its also winter. Why is it still swollen?

OPost-op Nasal Swelling for 3 Weeks after Drinking Alcohol

+1

Alcohol 6 months after rhinoplasty should not cause nasal swelling. If you feel there is a connection, obviously stop the alcohol. I recommend you consult with your surgeon.

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

In general, the vast majority of postoperative nasal swelling should have resolved six months after rhinoplasty. Alcohol intake should not effect nasal swelling. If you are seeing increasing swelling over the last three weeks, it is more likely that there may be some other inflammatory process going on. I would go back to your surgeon and have him or her check you out.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Nasal swelling at six months

+1

Nasal swelling can persist 6 months after surgery.  It may or may not be related to the alcohol or the activity level.  Check it out with your doctor if you are concerned.

Nose swelling after alcohol

+1

I am not certain as to what caused your nose swelling after alcohol. This is not common and I would discuss this with your surgeon,

New, persistent nasal swelling 6 months after rhinoplasty is curious

+1

Dear Dima,

It is impossible to say what is going on with your nose. This could be related to infection or an inflammatory reaction to either suture or a synthetic implant if that was used for your rhinoplasty. Frank infection is usually fairly obvious and can be treated with antibiotics, drainage or both. Inflammation can be more subtle but typically involves treatment with steroids, either pills or injections. I recommend you return to your plastic surgeon so they can take a closer look at you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon