How Does a Nose Swell After Rhinoplasty?

Hi, my PS said that my nose will continue to swell at the tip and that the bridge will deflate but to me the nose already seems very swollen at the tip and the bridge too narrow; is there really a pattern that noses follow when it comes to swelling? Also, is it normal to still feel pressure in one nostril(upper part) that hurts when touched 10 days after rhynoplasty? It's the same nostril that seems more "squashed", so I'm assuming that it might be from unequal sweeling. I appreciate the help!

Swelling patterns after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Solange

Questions about swelling following a rhinoplasty are common concerns and I believe the patterns differ in the hands of different surgeons in the first three months and becomes more patient and tissue dependent in mid to long term. As a result of my routines I find that the swelling is minimal at the time of cast removal but this changes within 12-48 hours and keeps increasing over first two weeks. Over the next 10 odd weeks this swelling dissipates and the result is closer to day 7 when cast comes off. Although there is a generally accepted rule that the final result may take up-to a year ...  your own surgeon is always the best judge to advise in your particular case ... depending upon his experience surgery in his hands. Best wishes.

Dublin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

The skin over the nasal bridge is usually thinner and the skin on the tip is usually thicker. Because of this fact, swelling will take longer to resolve along the tip. Usually swelling is at its peak the first two wks after surgery. After that it should gradually decrease, with the tip taking longer.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon