I've always hated my nose, can I have surgery to make my nose more symmetrical? (photo)

I Think i have a Nose that is to Big for my Face, plus it kinda goes to one side, and it has a bump. Do you have any suggestions?

I've always hated my nose, can I have surgery to make my nose more symmetrical?

+2
Yes you can have more symmetry in your nose.  You would need a rhinoplasty to straighten the nose, remove the bump and refine the tip of your nose.  This will soften your face and make the nose more symmetrical. 

Rhinoplasty Consult

+2
Based on one picture, it appears you would benefit from a standard reduction rhinoplasty. Sculpting the lower lateral cartilages will give you a more refined, defined, and feminine nasal tip. Lowering the dorsal nasal bump and infracturing your nasal bones will narrow the width of your nose and reduce the bump. Your nose also appears to be crooked as a result of a deviated septum. Do you have a breathing problem? Furthermore, your nose may be a little long but I do not see enough of your face in the picture or a lateral smiling view to make that determination. More pictures or an examination is required to give you a more accurate opinion. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.   

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Yes achieving more nasal symmetry is possible with a Rhinoplasty.  Based on the picture  posted, you may want to consider refining your tip, straightening your nose, reducing your dorsal hump and correcting any nasal airway issues.  In our practice we offer digital imaging simulations as a tool to better understand what the patient would like to achieve. I highly recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon to discuss what your options are.

M. Mark Mofid, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Improvement is possible

+1
With a rhinoplasty you can achieve more symmetry and better harmony of the width of your lower nose (tip) and the bridge, which would likely better suit your face, although more photographs or an examination would be necessary to determine this.

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

The #1 reason people ask for rhinoplasties is to reduce a hump, #2 is a wide tip

+1
Symmetry of the nose is another top reason why people seek rhinoplasty. Computer imaging, especially Vectra 3-D is an excellent way to examine possible changes to your nose. Patients who are considering but not sure if they want surgery find it very helpful way to visualize potential results.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
Josiee, Missed your side view but that really doesn’t matter. Seek the help of 2-3 experienced facial plastic specialists and make sure you like their photos. Good luck!!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
YES! The operation is a full rhinoplasty. Best to seek ON<Y IN PERSON evaluations from boarded doctors in your city/state..// 

Rhinoplasty to make the nose look more symmetrical

+1
It is possible to make the nose looked more symmetrical with a combination of rhinoplasty techniques. The concave upper lateral cartilage is best addressed with a spreader graft,  while a bulbous tip is addressed with tip cartilage suture techniques.  Medial and lateral Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to straighten the bridge.

Rhinoplasty

+1
It appears that you would benefit from a rhinoplasty.The photo is not great and there is only a straight on view. A more detailed plan would require a complete set of photos and a physical examination.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty for removal of Nasal hump, refinement of the tip and straightening the nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty for removal of Nasal hump, refinement of the tip and straightening the nose will give you a more attractive nose. Choose  a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best possible results.