Ethnic Nose Surgery? (photo)

I am looking for a nose surgeon that has expertise in working on ethic noses. I am providing pictures so someone could advise with my kind of nose what can be done? I would like to achieve smaller on the sides, a little less pointy, and have a columella, my nose is flat at the bottom. Please advise.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+2

With a surgical technique called the septal extension graft, you could achieve the increased columellar show that you desire.  Alar base modification with Weir incisions could narrow the base of your nostrils.  A combination of tip suturing techniques and/or tip refining grafts would help to create a more attractive shape for your nasal tip, and get rid of the "pointiness".  

I am looking for a nose surgeon that has expertise in working on ethic noses

+1

As a surgeon who specializes in Ethnic Rhinoplasty, I believe you are a perfect candidate for surgery.

Robert A. Shumway

(858) 587-2640

SHUMWAY COSMETIC SURGERY

San Diego, California

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

I think what you are looking for is deprojection of your tip, septal cartilage grafts to enhance the columella and alar base reduction.These are common request for ethnic patients, especially the alar base reduction. Decreasing the dorsum and tip will make your tip less pointy. You can send me your pics the link below and I can image your nose so you  can get an idea of what it would look like.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, such as the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD

Ethnic rhinoplasty.

+1

Your columella can be brought out with a steal cartilage graft.  The tip can be softened and made less pointy. The top can be refined and narrowed. Look for an experienced surgeon. 

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty can be used to address the concerns you mentioned such as making the nostrils less large and improving the retracted columella. Performing digital morphing of your nose can help immensely with deciding which changes would be best to make.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1
  • The tip of your nose looks more pointy than it really is because the radix, the portion of the bridge of the nose between your eyes is too deep.  By filling this area in the tip becomes more proportional to the bridge.  Suture techniques can also reshape the tip of your nose.  Your nostrils are wide, they should be reduced, more so on the left than the right.  Columellar extension cartilage grafting can recreate columellar show.
  • You should seek out a rhinoplasty surgeon with experience in ethnic noses.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Nasal Surgery

+1

Your tip can be refined and made less "pointy" and the nasal base narrowed. The columella and the radix at the top of the bridge can be augmented to improve nasal proportions. You are smart to consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon experienced in ethnic rhinoplasty work.