I had nose surgery for the 2nd time in July 2013 it has been 5 months and I still feel congested. Saline spray doesn't work.

5 months post of and still congested. Please help

+1
   I would recommend returning to your surgeon for an exam to evaluate you.

Congested nose

+1

"Looks" and "Function" of your nose after nasal surgery may not go hand in hand. Nasal surgery for aesthetic reasons can change the "inside" of your nose and with it its function/breathing. 

There could be prolonged swelling of inside structures due to change of air flow through the nose, deviated septum, enlarged inferior turbinates and last but not least change of the upper or inferior nasal valve due to the surgery. 

The best first step would be to discuss your concerns with your Surgeon. You may need also an evaluation by an ENT Surgeon. 

Good luck.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Obstruction After 2 Rhinoplasty Surgeries

+1
Hi A,

Consider seeing an ENT to evaluate your inferior nasal turbinates and nasal septum.  There is a simple non-invasive treatment called Somnoplasty of the inferior nasal turbinates that uses radio frequency to permanently reduce swollen obstructive turbinate tissue.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P 

Michael A. Persky, MD