Is my Nose Supposed to Look Like This 11 Weeks After Rhinoplasty?

this is after i accitdentally hit it with my hand and cause the skin on the bridge of my nose to bleed a little

Rhinoplasty post-op

+1

it is difficult to say how your nose should be healing without seeing the preop or evaluating you in person. The best person to ask is your surgeon.

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, you should tell your Rhinoplasty surgeon this story as something may have been damaged when you hit your nose hard enough to make the nasal skin bleed.

Scratch

+1

Without pre op pictures it is impossible to tell anything about your current healing status. I don't think a mere scratch would affect anything.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Post op recovery

+1

In the recovery period, and at your stage ( 11 weeks) a lot of swelling should be settled by now ( 80%) but not all. So there is still more healing to go. If you are concerened about the swelling at the tip of the nose, some of it will go away but not much. To give you appropriate answer of your concern, we should have your pre op pictures, detailed finding and understand your expectation from the surgery, and what is excatly bothering you today.

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate healing from rhinoplasty?

+1

It will be very hard to any of us in this forum to say whether you're healing appropriately. We don't know what your nose used to look like or what was done exactly during your surgery. If you're concerned with your healing I'd make a follow-up with your surgeon to have your nose examined.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

My nose after rhinoplasty

+1
Impossible to say. Depends on what your nose looked like before, what changes you and your surgeon agreed upon, how successfully those changes were technically accomplished, and your course of healing. If there is something you see that is unexpected, ask your surgeon about it.

Steve Laverson, MD