Can my Nose Be Straight Again? (photo)

Can a nose be straightened if the mid bridge shifts to a v deformity. I am simply asking if my nose can be straight again and if we can shorten it at all? 

Straightening a nose

+1

Yes, your nose can be straightened. The nose could potentially be shortened, but it is impossible to tell from this angle that is presented. Find a facial plastic surgeon with plenty of rhinoplasty experience for a complete evaluation.  

Straighter Nose with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

As other rhinoplasty surgeons have already mentioned, straightening a deviated, crooked nose is one of the most challenging aspects of rhinoplasty. The nose may become straighter, but not perfect. You will require a comprehensive evaluation by a rhinoplasty specialist to help determine the appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straightening a Nose

+1

Straightening a crooked nose is one of our biggest challenges in rhinoplasty surgery. However, in the hands of a rhinoplasty specialist, your nose can be straightened and shortened.

Straightening the nose.

+1

Hi,

Yes it can definitely be straighter than what you have now. It looks like you may need a spreader graft on the right side of your nose. Also shortening is possible although one would need to see your profile.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Nose straightened from a deviated position.

+1

Yes it can be straighter, but may or may not be perfectly straight. The bone and cartilage can be reshaped and made better cosmetically and functionally. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Most crooked noses can be made straighter

+1

Straightening out a crooked nose is one of the most difficult parts of rhinoplasty. Using grafts of your own cartilage noses can usually be made much straighter in addition to other desired cosmetic changes. No one can guarantee an absolutely straight nose. I suggest you seek out a rhinoplasty specialist for someone with the most experience.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD