Nose Still Deviated After Open Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am a 25 y/o male who underwent open septo-rhinoplastly 10 days ago to straighten my nose and remove the hump. I was born with a deviated nose and also broke it when I was 5 y/o. Although i am very pleased with my surgeon and results thus far(nose is straighter and i breathe much better), I wonder if it is still slightly crooked due to swelling or incomplete correction? I understand there is swelling, however, I feel even if the swelling subsides the nose will still be slightly crooked?

10 days after Open Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

As other rhinoplasty surgeons have stated, 10 days is very early after rhinoplasty, especially after open rhinoplasty. Swelling takes much longer to resolve. In addition, while obtaining perfect symmetry is a rhinoplasty goal, it's difficult to obtain and maintain in the long-term due to a variety of reasons. 

Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeons regarding any concerns you have. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

As stated by the other physicians, at 10 days postop it is extremely early to critique your results.  From your photos, you still have substantial swelling of the nasal tip and dorsum.  You will have to allow at least 6 months healing prior to getting a true idea of what the final confirmation of your nose will be.  Understand even after 6 months your nose will continue to heal and mature, and small changes will be seen in the nasal shape up to 1 year after your procedure.  In the meantime follow up with your surgeon at regular intervals to evaluate your progress.  Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.dranthonycorrado.com/

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Devation Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Correcting a deviated nose that is crooked because of the cartilage can be challenging. Regardless, to look at your nose a little over a week out from surgery and be concerned is way too early. Many noses will look crooked from swelling. After 6 months have passed then you will know more. The most important thing now is that you are breathing better. This also can improve with time  because you most probably have internal swelling as well.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

It should come as no surprise that there is unanimity in the answers already posted:  it is too early to make a judgment at 10 days.  My advice to you is the same as I give to all patients.  We follow a genetic program when it comes to postoperative healing.  There is no surgical procedure that leaves you without inflammation, and there is no method of circumventing this process. The swelling associated with Rhinoplasty leads to a longer convalescent period in terms of  aesthetic results.  You can choose to accept the advice already provided or you can worry about it.  If anything, anxiety is detrimental to wound healing.

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/rhinoplasty.html

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated nose after rhinoplasty

+1

10 days post operative is way to early  to be too critical of the outcome.  You need to address your concerns with your surgeon while allowing an adequate amount of time to heal.  There is still a great deal of swelling present. It appears that there is a slight facial asymmetry with the center of the lip being slightly off to the left and the tip of the nose appears in the center of the lip.  There are some exercises that can be done in the healing process that can straighten the nose while oit is still maliable.  Ask your surgeon about these exercises.  Most of all be patient.

Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Still Deviated After Open Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty?

+1

Only 10 days maybe at 6 months you could be in a better healing position to discuss the deviation if still present. Give it time. 

Ten days post Septorhinoplasty

+1

At ten days post septorhinoplasty it is to early to determine whether your nose will heal completely straight. Your photographs show significant improvement at this time however it may not heal completely 100% straight. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon as soon as possible. Your surgeon may want you to start some nasal compression exercises to help with the healing process. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://michaelelammd.com

Deviation of the Nose 10 Days Out From Surgery

+1

10 days out from rhinoplasty surgery is much too early to make any accurate assessment of the final outcome. I would discuss this with your chosen surgeon. In some cases, I recommend digital exercises (basically pushing on the nose in certain directions) to help get the nose into even better alignment. These will work in many cases during the first 6-8 weeks of healing.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straightening a Crooked Nose

+1

Thanks for your photos and question. Straightening a crooked nose is among the hardest tasks in facial plastic surgery. Based on your photos, it seems that a significant improvement exists already. Though it may not end up 100% straight, at 10 days it is way too early to even talk about final results or revision. Try to be patient and follow up routinely with your surgeon. 

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/revision-rhinoplasty.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose post-op

+1

Yes, you had a very deviated nose preop and you are improved but not perfectly straight. This may be due to swelling a bit and you will have to wait until the swelling comes down.  You might eventualyl need a revision.