Nose still crooked 4 weeks post surgery. Is this normal?

My nose is still crooked after surgery and also i got a bump on the bridge now. should i be worried or is this still swollen? Im already thinkin about revision HELPPP

Nose crooked after 4 weeks

+2
WIthout photos, it is very difficult to comment. However, it is very early in the healing process and you should wait a year before considering a revision.

Crooked nose 4 weeks after surgery

+1
After 4 weeks, you will still have a good amount of post-op swelling present, which may be influenced by the following:

1) Whether the procedure was a revision
2) Whether the procedure was open or closed
3) Whether tip work was performed
4) Thickness of the skin

Swelling may lead to the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. I would not worry at this time. It is best to be patient, as any revision work would not be performed for one year. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. Thank you and best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early stages of recovery

+1
Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. Around the 4-6 week mark, most patients are able to appreciate most of the changes from surgery as a significant amount of swelling has resolved. However, it can take somewhere in and around 12-18 months to see the final results. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix will require longer to settle. Also there appears to be a linear decrease in swelling for the first several months followed by a period where the swelling fluctuates (sometimes little or no swelling and other times more swelling) before the nose settles.

At 4 weeks following rhinoplasty, you are still very early in your recovery. Sometimes at this early stage, there are subtle irregularities and these can improve over time. Swelling can cause a subtle bump on the bridge or the illusion of crookedness and as swelling resolves, these problems get better. In other cases, these problems may not improve. It's hard but important to stay patient during your recovery and to be diligent attending your follow-up appointments with your surgeon. When you are concerned in the early postoperative period, you should arrange follow-up with your surgeon.

Jamil Ahmad, MD