Nose Still Crooked or Swelling? (photo)

Hi, its been just over 6 weeks since my open Rhinoplasty to fix my crooked nose. I never had any breathing problems pre op, so im guessing my septum was untouched. My nose was crooked towards the left and excess dorsal hump sticking out to the left. I dont know what technique was used to remove this excess bone sticking out but it looks as though its still there and when i push down it feels hard like bone, could this be swelling? There is a lot of improvement but i feel my nose is still crooked

Rhinoplasty- nose crooked?

+2

It looks like your post-op photo shows an improvement.  You have to give it time to heal and for the swelling to subside before seeing the final result.

Patience after surgery

+2

Hello. As you may have heard, it takes a while for swelling to go away after rhinoplasty. What you are seeing as a continued "crooked" nose may be just swelling or undercorrection of the original problem. Regardless, you must wait a minimum of 3-6 months before this can be adequately evaluated and addressed by your surgeon.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Nose Still Crooked or Swelling?

+2

Well there is an obvious improvement demonstrated on the posted photos! So allow 4 to 6 months of healing before considering additional surgery. 

Nose Still Crooked or Swelling

+2

What you are feeling right now may very well be normal and gone after the healing period. Depending on the cause of deviation, most often, in my long experience, also involves the septum and correction must be done in conjunction with septoplasty. Occasionally, a piece of crushed cartilage placed on one side may do the job and the nose appears straight.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repair of crooked nose

+2

It is difficult to render an opinion or even suggest a treatment without physical examination or at least reviewing some more of your facial pictures. Repair of a crooked nose is not a simple task; it requires complex cartilage grafting to correct a nasal framework. However, based on your descriptions you may have a normal post operative swelling which will take about 9-12 month to subside. Good luck and good healing. Dr. Kevin Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+2
Rhinoplasty surgery at six weeks post op is still in the very early stages of healing. Sounds crazy but its true. You will continue to see refinement and contour improvement over time even past a year post op. So be patient and give it some time, but also check in with your surgeon with any questions.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still swollen at this point

+2

Hello. At six weeks you are far from your final result. It is common for patients to be worried about the outcome of rhinoplasty surgery early on but many of these concerns can be attributed to swelling. Over the next year you will see many improvements in the appearance of your nose.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Nose still appears crooked early after rhinoplasty

+1

It is really not possible to understand why your nose remains crooked after your rhinoplasty.  In most cases there are two possible causes for a crooked nose, one is the septum and the other is the bony nasal base.  It appears that you nasal hump was reduced but from this angle I can not assess whether or not your nose is crooked.  In any event it is still very early after your surgery, give it some time and then have your surgeon reassess after 4 - 6 months.