Nose still bulbous 10 months after rhinoplasty & 7 months after a post-op injury that made it reswell. Do I need a revision?

I had a medpor tip-top graft put in my tip June of last yr in an open rhino. I injured myself in September when the nose was finally seemed healed/showed the final result (success narrowing) for most of the day. It reswelled up to thrice what I saw after surgery. I'm 10 mths post-op. Graft is still intact & the nose has gotten smaller since the injury 7 mths ago but is still overprojected & bulbous around/under the implant. I'm worried progress has stopped here. Should I start planning a revision?

Medpor Implants and Rhinoplasty

+1
Hi,

Medpor in a poor choice for nasal implants, in my opinion. They cause alot of problems including persistent bulbous tip, infection etc. Its better to take it out sooner than later and reconstruct the tip using cartilage grafts.

Dr.S.