Nose is still big after Rhinoplasty. Could this be swelling?

Had closed RP 4 months ago. Had huge hump and big-look. Hump is gone now and nose is straight. Now it looks pretty good from profiles but when looking from front or 45 degree-sides it still looks pretty big. Could the swelling be it's reason? I have thick and oily nose-skin if it means anything. Is it likely to get any smaller? Or is it likely to look any better in general terms? Tip of nose is hard either but I guess it is normal. I'm not sure about the rest of it though. Thanks for reading...

Polly beak deformity

+1
The nose can sometimes look big after surgery if swelling in surpatip area persists or scar tissue develops in that area. Injections of Kenalog ( a steroid) in that area can circumvent that problem.
Regards
Dr J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after rhinoplasty takes longer with thick skin

+1
After rhinoplasty, tip shape is typically the last thing to settle before seeing the final result; this can take 12 months or longer especially with thick, oily skin. During this time you will notice that the size of your tip decreases as swelling resolves and subtle details and tip definition appear. 

At 4 months following rhinoplasty in the thick skinned nose, you are early in your recovery. Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery. It can take somewhere in and around 12-18 months to see the final results and longer with thick, oily skin. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix will require longer to settle. Also there appears to be a linear decrease in swelling for the first several months followed by a period where the swelling fluctuates (sometimes little or no swelling and other times more swelling) before the nose settles.

Jamil Ahmad, MD