Will Nose Stay Straight After Rhinoplasty and How Time It Takes?

Had my surgery October 2012 for deviated septum, and did not go well and was left deformed. Had revision surgery Jan 2012, which went well, but still left with a bit of asymmetry. Will my results even out or should I get another revision? If so, how long should I wait to get another revision?

Nasal asymmetry after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Perfect nasal symmetry does not exist, and complete correction is particularly difficult in revision surgery.  Changes can occur for at least a year, and so a second revision should not be even considered for that period of time. Sometimes minor asymmetries are due to swelling and can be improved with steroid injections.   Discussion with your surgeon about how much can be achieved is useful.

Nose still asymmetric following revision rhinoplasty

+1

In general, we all have asymmetry to some degree and it is difficult to get the nose 100% straight. The final result of a rhinoplasty is not evident for 18-24 months following surgery. This is especially the case when a revision is performed. Swelling can also be prolonged by tip work and thickness of the patient's skin, and influences the final result. A nose may sometimes appear asymmetric due to swelling. From here, I would recommend seeing how you continue to heal. Whether or not an additional surgery can improve symmetry further depends on your individual circumstances and how asymmetric the nose is at this time. Photos would help to provide additional advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nasal asymmetry

+1

First, everyone has nasal asymmetry. Second, at this point you should wait about a year or until the tissues are soft to have any kind of revision.

Residual asymmetry after rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty

+1

One thing to keep in mind is that everyone's nose has asymmetries before surgery, and everyone's nose has asymmetries after surgery.  The question is whether the degree of asymmetry warrants revision surgery.  Based only on your description, unfortunately it's not possible to give you a definitive answer.  Pictures will help you to get an objective answer.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Revision rhinoplasty and crooked nose

+1

Dear imelda ahmeti,

• It depends on what the nose looks like
  • Did they just do the septum or did they change the outside of the nose as well?
  • If it is a minor change, then sometimes an injectible filler can get you the look you want without another surgery

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD