When Will Nose Will Be Stable and Strong After Rhinoplasty

Hi, I had rhinoplasty 10 months ago, want to know when surgeried nose will be stable and strong like nose before surgery? necessary to Citation: - I taped my nose for full 4 months - I taped my nose at nights for 2 months ( months 4-6) - I have a graft on my nose from between my eyes to top of my nose( as shown in below figure) - I have thick and oily skin - I really scared of even touching my nose thanks for your kindly advise

Stable nose

+2

Generally speaking, post rhinoplasty patients have stable noses at six months. You should contact your surgeon but, otherwise stop the worry and go about your life. 

Nasal stability and strength after surgery

+2

Your nose should be completely healed  by now.  Generally things are very stable at six weeks and bone is fully calcified by 3 months.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

When is the nose is stable after Rhinoplasty

+2

The nose is stable at about 6 months after a Rhinoplasty.  By this time, the incisions are well healed, the majority of the swelling has subsided and the nasal bones if fractured are stable (these actually are stable at 1 month).  At this point, I tell my Rhinoplasty patients that they can wear glasses, blow their noses and treat the nose like they did before the Rhinoplasty.  Residual swelling can remain for several additional months however.

When is it safe to touch nose after rhinoplasty

+2

If your nasal bones were fractured during your surgery your nose should be stable after about 6 weeks from surgery. Being 10 months from surgery you should be able to touch your nose without any problem at all. The dorsal graft that was placed should scar in over time. By this time point it should be stable. Certainly visiting with your surgeon to find out specifc recommendations would be advisable as your surgeon would best know what exactly was done during surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Stability of nose after surgery

+2
It usually takes 6-8 weeks for the nose to stabilize after manipulating the bones. At 10 months it should be very stable. Since your surgeon knows exactly what was done, you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

+1
This far out from surgery, your nose should be stable, and healing great.  The majority of the swelling should be gone as well.  Relax more now and enjoy your new look!

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS