Nose Still Spread After Rhinoplasty: Will This Go Down?

Rhinoplasty month and a week ago. I had a bulbous nose and I asked to have it made my whole nose as small as he could but now it seems the middle of it looks spread across my face did I do the right thing asking for as small as he could do it as I have big features :((

Best Time to Evaluate Swelling of Nose After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Lea,

You will have to wait 6 to 12 months to find out.  Be patient.  Good luck and be well. 

Dr. P

Nose Still Spread 5 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+2

I promise that you still have swelling 5 weeks after Rhinoplasty. Do not judge your nose for another  9-10 months.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+2

Swelling of the nose following rhinoplasty may take between 9 and 12 months to completely resolve - with swelling of the tip  being the slowest.  At this point, time is on your side and you can expect substantial improvement as your healing progresses.  Be sure to mention your concerns to your surgeon during your next post operative visit for his or her  advice and reassurance. 

Andrew B. Denton, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

One month after rhinoplasty is much too early to make a judgement about the result. You will need to wait 6-9 months for the swelling to go down.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Where is your picture? Hard to say without a photo- could be swelling, could be that the nose dimensions are not proportioned- but give it 6-8 more weeks of healing, you should know by then!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nose still spread one month after rhinoplasty

+2

With little other information to guide us, the best we can say is that more complete healing after rhinoplasty will take about six months or longer. Swelling and thickness over the bridge will resolve, and we will just have to take a wait and see approach.

peterejohnsonmd

Nose still large 5 weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

It's only 5 weeks after your Rhinoplasty which is still way to early to see the final result.  Ask your surgeon, but give yourself a few more months to see if things thin further.