Pinched Tip from Nose Splint After Rhinoplasty?

I underwent rhinoplasty a few days ago. In particular, I had my nostrils narrowed and my tip refined. There is still a splint on my nose, but I am a bit worried as my nose is looking very pinched. Is this a result of the splint, or did my surgeon take too much out of my nostrils?

Pinched Tip After Rhinoplasty

+1

If one has a pinched nasal tip one will usually see this gradually over time in months to a year. This is characteristic of over resection of the nasal tip cartilages or weakening of the lateral rim areas.

Pinched Nasal Tip

+1

At the completion of a rhinoplasty procedure, the tip is frequently taped tightly to minimize post-operative swelling. You will notice a difference as soon as the dressing is removed. 

Splint can make nose look pinched

+1

The nose will look quite pinched after the rhinoplasty because the splint is on and is placed rather snugly over the nasal bones, which causes the upper lateral cartilages and the lower lateral cartilages to look slightly pinched during the immediate postoperative phase. It is impossible to tell at this point with the splint still on if your surgeon took too much cartilage out of your nostrils.

Too soon to make any judgement on Rhinoplasty results

+1

Very often, the surgeon tapes the tip to prevent excessive swelling. This will resolve over time. Relax and try not to worry. Ask your surgeon about your concerns.