Nose Splint Falling off After Rhinoplasty?

I had a primary rhinoplasty surgery this past Tuesday, July 5th. It's now 4 days later (not including day of surgery) And I can see that the tape underneath my splint is beginning to lift up at the edges due to my skin being oily. I'm due to get the splint off in 5 days, but I do not think the splint will stay on that long as my skin is very oily and the tape is already starting to lift up. Is there anyway I can get the splint to stay on longer? I do plan on contacting my PS about it asap.

Splint after rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to contact your surgeon.  Your surgeon will know the details of your surgery and will be able to make the best recommendation.

Splint coming off after rhinoplasty

+1

You should definitely run this by your plastic surgeon.  You should be able to externally tape the splint on to keep it from falling off.  Sometimes if the swelling goes down rapidly, the tape will lift off, which can be a good thing.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Nasal splint removal

+1

Just to be safe you should touch base with your surgeon to see how he/she feels about it. Generally we remove our splints at about five days anyway so typically this is a non-issue.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cast coming off after Rhinoplasty

+1

We advise Rhinoplasty patients to avoid getting the cast wet and if the tape starts to peel off of the nose to cut that section off using cuticle scissors.  Best to contact your Rhinoplasty surgeon for specific advice.

Splint coming off

+1

Talk to your surgeon and follow his/her instructions. I usually tell my patients that if the splint comes off early or is loose to place some tape across it during sleep to keep it on.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Splint coming off early

+1

Sometimes the splint does start lifting up a bit early for patients.  It should not be a big problem but you may want to talk to your surgeon about what he wants you to do.

Nasal splint falling off

+1

In warm summer weather it can be difficult keeping the nasal splint in place for the required time. It is possible to tape over the splint to keep it on the nose. We remove the splint in five to six days, some practices may keep it on longer. Be sure to check with your surgeon.

peterejohnsonmd

+1

Good idea in contacting your surgeon of record. I would have you see me ASAP to reinforce the dressing but that is my way. 

Splint coming off

+1

Each situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Sam Naficy, MD