My Nose Splint After my Operation Keeps Falling off What Can I Use to Stick It Back On??

Nasal Splint Falling off Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

The answr to your question is very simple - be  careful and contact your surgeon as soon as possible. Do not try to replace.

Return to your surgeon if nasal splint will not stay in place

+1

In some cases, the tape that sits under the nasal splint is adequate to reduce swelling and keep the nose straight. In other cases, your surgeon might want to create and place a new splint in the office to keep the nose from deviating after surgery. I would recommend contacting their office to figure out how to proceed.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Splint keeps falling off the nose

+1

I would contact your surgeon.  You don't say how long it was after the surgery that the splint fell off.  If it was 10 days your surgeon might say leave it alone.  If it was 2 days after a rhinoplasty then I would want to put a new splint on myself.  It needs to be applied properly to get the best result.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

My Nose Splint After my Operation Keeps Falling off

+1

Regarding: "My Nose Splint After my Operation Keeps Falling off What Can I Use to Stick It Back On?? "

You paid a lot of money for a surgeon to do the operation and supervise the healing. You are best advised to use him. On your own, you may do something your surgeon does not want you to do.

In most such cases, the oil in the skin causes the tape to fail. Your surgeon can easily degrease the skin and re-tape the splint appropriately.

Dr. Peter Aldea

What to do if your nasal splint falls off

+1

I wouldn't try to put the splint back on your nose on your own. I've seen patients secure it incorrectly, causing the nose to heal incorrectly.

Check with your surgeon to see what you should do in your specific case, though.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nasal splint falling off

+1

Check with your doctor, but I do not encourage my patients to adjust their splint.  He may just want you to keep it off.