Nose Looks Like Snout After Rhinoplasty

I had Rhinoplasty 3 days ago and I still have the splint on. I had a slight bump taken out, the tip made smaller, and the bottom part of my nose taken up a bit. The tip looks really upturned and the nostrils are exposed like a snout. Also, one nostril is higher than the other and the area between the nostrils is crooked. Is this normal and will it go down when the swelling subsides, or did I just make the biggest mistake of my life?

Rhinoplasty Recovery: Be Patient

+2

Be Patient. It is not uncommon for the nose to look "too upturned" immediately following rhinoplasty while the external splint is in place. Normal postoperative swelling and the splint itself can distort the shape of the nose and give it that appearance. After the cast/splint is removed, you should see an improvement in the shape of your nose, and the shape will improve gradually over the coming weeks as the swelling subsides.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery Videos

+1

It is very common for the nose to look upturned after rhinoplasty. This is from a combination of swelling and tape. The video below is of one of my patients after Rhinoplasty. There is another link to a video of her after the cast comes off. Though each case is different, this may make you feel better. Best of luck.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is too soon to say.

+1

It is probably fine. It is to soon to make any judgement about the nose. The tip always looks too high due to swelling. Try to relax and not worry.