Nose Sniffling After Rhinoplasty

i've been sniffling my nose alot lately, i am 12 days post op, will this damamge my nose or ruin the rresults of my rhinoplasty? i haven't blown it or sneezed but i tend to sniffle alot

Sniffling after rhinoplasty

+2

Sniffling 12 days after a rhinoplasty is not unusual.  It should not affect the results of your rhinoplasty.

Sniffles after rhinoplasty

+2

Sniffling after rhinoplasty is quite common and may be seen with the autonomic nasal cycle with one side feeling more congested than the other. This tends to alternative from one side to the other every 2-4 hours and is normal.

Runny nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient from Montreal,
According to your description you had rhinoplasty 12 days ago, and you have runny nose that makes you “sniffle”. After rhinoplasty, due to swelling and changes in the nasal mucosa function, runny nose may occur and this is normal. Talk to your surgeon and let him re-evaluate you. If this is a thin liquid and persistent, there is a very slim chance of having CSF leak. Good luck

Kevin Sadati, DO