My Nose is Too Small, Upturned and Ridiculously Short. I Want It More Classical Looking.

My nose is too small for my face, upturned (I don't understand people's obsession with upturned noses) and so short, it's almost the same length as my nasolabial space. It's also slightly bulbous, but it's so small and thin, that that goes almost unnoticeable, What to do to make it more classical? What happens to the nostrils in a nose augmentation?

Rhinoplasty for upturned nose.

+2

Hi,

The short and uptruned nose can certainly be improved with rhinoplasty.  There are several different augmentation techniques that can be used.  The best way to tell what would be necessary to acheive the results you are looking for is to have a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon that includes picture analysis and morphing.  At Lasky Clinic in Beverly Hills, we use the most advanced 3-dimensional morphing software available to help you understand what is required to acheive your desired nasal appearance. 

Tere is a link on my website depicting an example of nasal lengthening, and correction of an upturned nose in the "short nose" category.

Dr. Torkian

Correcting small, short, upturned nose

+1

With the rhinoplasty procedure, the tip can be refined, feminized, and sometimes even slightly turned downwards. The nasal bridge can be augmented or reduced depending upon how it is balanced with the tip. Narrowing of the nasal bridge is performed with osteotomies (breaking of the nasal bones). Any internal breathing issues need to be addressed at the same time.

Short Upturned Nose

+1

First, let me assure you that a nose can be lengthened, usually with cartilage grafts. You want a "classical looking" nose, but the most important goal is sculpting a nose which is proportional the the surrounding facial features - proportion is beauty! 

Nose too short and upturned.

+1

The surgeon makes the nose! So choose carefully. I make natural looking noses that many people want. Others actually like the more artificial looking upturned nose. Look at before/after photos of the surgeon's work because that is what you will be getting. Short noses can be made longer, but this is an advanced technique. Pick an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Augmentation of the short nose

+1

There are several techniques available in rhinoplasty surgery to increase the length and correct the upturned appearance of your nose. A comprehensive consultation with a surgeon is paramount in understanding all that is involved with this type of surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Treatment of Short and Upturned Nose.

+1

Please see a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon with passion for this procedure.

You can have significant improvement in overall shape and function. There are a number of techniques that can be used to correct shortened nose.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS