Nose to Small for my Face After Rhinoplasty! What Are My Options?

I had rhinoplasty a year and half ago and it has completely turned out a nightmare it does not go with my features as it is too small although I asked for this I was not really told professionally that a too small nose wouldn't suit my face now left with a tiny nose and flat bridge looking. Can fillers build my bridge up and pick the tip up slightly as I am left with a tip which is hanging down! This is the last thing I can try!!!

Options for increasing the size of the nose and lifting the tip

+2

It is definitely possible to increase the size of the nose with a revision rhinoplasty.  However, I would be cautious attempting to do this with fillers. There are some risks from attempting to modify the appearance of the nose using filler, which is also known as a non-surgical rhinoplasty.  The most serious potential side effect is necrosis, or death of the skin.

Filler may mildly lift a drooping tip, and may be used to augment the nasal dorsum.  Only a small amount of filler may be used, and it must be injected slowly to limit the above risks.  I would see a surgeon that is comfortable with these injections.

A great surgical option is using diced cartilage and wrapping it in deep temporalis fascia, which may be harvested from the scalp.  This can produce a natural result that is readily accepted by the body.  If you are not comfortable speaking with your surgeon who performed the initial procedure, I would recommend seeking a second opinion from a reputable rhinoplasty surgeon that is board certified and has fellowship training. Thanks and good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical nose job

+1
It's unfortunate that you are not happy with your results.

You can increase  some structures of your nose with injectable fillers for a temporary improvement. However your results would be more predictable and permanent if you had revision surgery performed. A graft or implant could be used to enhance your nose. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Nose Enlargement

+1

Dear Marie,

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your results.

Without photos and physical examination it is hard to provide you with a solid advise.

Fillers do have limitations and so you may need more than fillers to restore the best nasal fit that will suit your facial features.

Autologous cartilage grafts could be the way to go.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will be able to examine and guide you to make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Overly aggressive reduction rhinoplasty.

+1

I am sorry that things turned out badly for you.  From your description it sounds like a reconstructive rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting to restore projection and support to your nose is necessary.  Depending on the degree of enlargement desired this can be a very challenging undertaking.  I recommend that you seek out fellowship trained, experienced, board certified FACIAL plastic and reconstructive surgeons (ABFPRS) for opinions.  These surgeons focus only on the face and, in general, are the best qualified to deal with complicated nose issues.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too small nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It's hard to say if fillers are right for you without seeing your nose. From my impression of your nose from what you wrote I suspect of more significant reconstructive procedure would be needed to rebuild the nose.

You could consult with a few experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeons to see what your options are. Find someone board certified in facial plastic surgery or plastic surgery who has extensive revision rhinoplasty experience.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Revision rhinoplasty works.

+1

Hi.

Get a couple of expert opinions because I am pretty sure your nose can be re-built with a skilled revision.  You might only need fillers like Juvederm Ultra Plus.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Nose is too small after rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to give you a good advise without looking at your pictures.  In general, it is possible to build up the height of the nasal bridge and slightly improve tip rotation and projection with fillers, but it all depends on the degree of improvement you require. While fillers may be a good option for minor corrections, major corrections will most like require a revision surgery.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Small Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although I cannot see your nose it does not sound like fillers would be appropriate; I feel that these products are good for relatively minor changes, not to rebuild a nose. I suggest you see an experienced revision specialist to discuss your alternatives which will depend on what you want to achieve.

Too small nose

+1

This is very unusual.  I suggest you seek out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) for some opinions.  Be sure you take your before pictures to your consult, also get a copy of your operative report from your surgeon to take with you to these consultations.  Best of luck to you.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD