My Nose Looks Slightly Crooked In Pictures??

I had open rhino 6 weeks ago. Had osteotomy,reduced nostril flaring, and raised tip..My nose at the bridge developed a bump/hump on the right lateral side by my right eye..I'am curious to know if thats what is making my nose look crooked?? (my nose looks crooked in pictures, in the mirror it seems to be less)... The bump has been there since week 2..I m concerned it prob. won't go away. At this phase of my healing process what are the chances it will subside???

Too soon after rhinoplasty to tell

+2

Dear Concerned, I can understand why you are that way but let me allay your fears.  It is far too soon to tell.  Swelling will vary day to day and you will not even start to see what will be for at least another six weeks.   Very often there is more swelling on one side than the other.  If it is really bothering you please speak to your surgeon.  Sometimes I will use a drop of steroid to help swelling subside, but each doctor and patient is different.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty bumps a few weeks post rhinoplasty.

+1

Rhinoplasty bumps a few weeks post rhinoplasty is common. You need to wait 6-12 months to know what the nose will look like. See your surgeon for your concerns.

Rhino - bumps

+1

6 weeks after your surgery, it's still too early to tell what your final results will be.  It's no unusual for swelling to go down a little unevenly.  If you have concerns, I would recommend you talk to your surgeon.  I'm sure he/she will be happy to discuss the normal healing process and address any of your questions.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Web reference: http://www.makeyouperfect.com

Nose at a few weeks post-op

+1

At such an early period post-op, you really ahve to give it time for the swelling to dissipate.  A slight irregularity may or may not be there after a few months once the swelling goes down.

Crooked Nose 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Post-op swelling does not always resolve symmetrically. Therefore, 6 weeks after surgery the apparent asymmetry or crookedness may simply be secondary to that normal swelling which will resolve over the next 2-3 months.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty

+1

Post-operative swelling after a rhinoplasty can vary greatly from patient to patient. For a given patient, it also can vary from day to day. This swelling can also create asymmetries, so I wouldn't be overly concerned at the 6 week part. There is still much healing to occur. That being said, if you are very concerned, you should visit you surgeon for an examination and reassurance.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling can be pronounced for 3 months after rhinoplasty, can last up to year

+1

Most swelling has resolved after rhinoplasty at the 2-3 month mark. However, all swelling won't dissipate for up to 12 months. In the meantime, massage without or with kenalog injections can reduce prominent or asymmetric areas of swelling.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and still have a crooked nose

+1

Its really difficult to analyze your problem wtih the pictures you have provided and I am not sure what can be done.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Bumps after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have some asymmetry right after rhinoplasty.  Swelling on one side can make the nose look crooked in pictures.  I would allow 6 to 12 months of healing before the final results.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon