Slanted Nose 4 Weeks Post-op

me and my friend had a rhinoplasty on the same day. we're both now 4 weeks post-op. what was concerning us that both our noses look slanted! is this normal or because it's swollen? my surgeon has advised to massage the nose everyday for a month and wear a steri-strip while sleeping on our nose. will this benefit in not having this slanted look or are we wasting our time? what can I do to prevent it from slanting even more? and will my nose get smaller over the time?

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

It may take four to six months before you see the ultimate results from a rhinoplasty. Four weeks is early in the healing process. It is important to follow your physician’s instructions and ask what options are available if the slanting does not improve. Post operative swelling will continue to resolve and the nose should continue to look smaller over time.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slanted nose

+1

You have to be more speciic about what you mean.  A deviation to one side?  Some of what you seem ay be swelling so I would give it some time to heal.

Slanted nose after rhinoplasty

+1

The slant may indicate basic underlying assymetry of the facial bones. Check the pre op photos. Or, due to uneven swelling...this should resolve over time and massage helps. If it remains after 6-9 month then possibly a revision may be needed.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slanted nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

This can be caused by swelling after surgery. By 6 months it should be gone. If it is not gone you will need revision surgery by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.