Nose Silicon Removal Possible?

Asian female Had rhino + alarplasty last week. Before, I had a high nose bridge between my eyes, low one following down till my tip. So Dr. added a L shape silicon beginning from half my nose down to the tip. Today I found out not only is the silicon too high up (my real bridge gotten too high), I hate it. When can I remove it (pls don't say wait because I'm 100% sure I want it gone)? Any consequences/side effect if I remove it this early? will I look alike from my pre-op? Is no revision ok?

Removal of silicone implant after rhinoplasty

+1
The silicone implant can be safely removed at any point after surgery.  The earlier it is removed, the more likely it is your nose will return to its preoperative state.  

Nose Silicone Implant Removal Possible?

+1

The implant can be removed at this point.  The skin envelope should contract after removal.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asian rhinoplasty and silicone implant

+1

It is possible to remove the implant at any time but you will go back to your original preoperative look. However, it may be too soon to tell if the implant is in good position or not. That being said, I would recommend you first discuss your concerns with your treating surgeon and wait for a while. If you want to consider revision surgery, I would wait at least one year as you may at least like the rest of the correction. If you remove it too soon, scar contracture can make later treatment difficult.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant

+1

The implant can be removed at any time but I strongly suggest you wait until you can see the results of your surgery. It is almost impossible for you to evaluate your final appearance 1 week after a rhinoplasty.  

Silicone implant in nose

+1

Silicon implants in the nose can probably be removed at anytime althought most would suggest you wait to see what the final result looks like because often swelling masks the results.

When Can Silicone Nasal Implant Be Removed After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Hi Mary Lee,

You should discuss your unhappiness with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  There is no contra-indication to removing a silicone nasal implant early after placement if you wish.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Silicone Nasal Implant Removal

+1

Hi,

If you really dont like the way it looks, you can remove it immediately. Most surgeons would tell you to wait 6 to 12 months. However, L-shaped silicone implants dont look good and can cause problems down the line. If you remove implant, consider a custom carved implant that stops short of your tip.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS