Is my Nose Even on Each Side? Also is my Tip Still Too Low?

I had open rhinoplasty done a month ago and when i got my cast off i noticed one side of my nose was bigger then the other, it makes my nose look slightly crooked and when i touch it and put pressure on it, it feels boney, not soft like tissue and im also worried that he hadn't lifted my tip up enough when i had an already droopy nose, is it possible he had made a mistake? If so how long should i wait to have correct procedure?

+1

IMHO, your tip is still roated downward and while the swelling will change over the next several months there is no mechanism, of the open Rhinoplasty, that will magically cause the nasal tip to rotate upward.

Low Nasal Tip & Deviated Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

It's been just a month since your rhinoplasty, so post-op swelling is still present and, likely, part of the problem. If anything is truly wrong, additional surgery should not be done until a full year following your initial surgery, at the earliest.

Now, assuming your nasal side view and front view do not significantly improve over the next few months, then I would have to assume that your rhinoplasty fell short with respect to your tip position as well as your nasal straightness. These are the main two things you mentioned.

Not knowing exactly what your surgeon did during the rhinoplasty, it would be unfair to imply that a mistake was made during your surgery. Also, without the benefit of photos showing your nose before your surgery, we have no way of telling to what extent the appearance of your nose may have been improved by this procedure.

Looking forward, if your nose remains unchanged and if you decide you want to pursue revision surgery, be prepared to go through, once again, a full rhinoplasty. Secondary surgery to modify your tip position and to straighten your nose will not be an easy task and should be undertaken by a surgeon experienced in revision nasal surgery.

For now, I suggest you remain with your present surgeon and hope the healing process treats you kindly.

Charles Gruenwald, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon