Nose Looks Different on Each Side After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty a little over 3 months ago. My left profile looks different then my right profile. It seems like I have a bump on my right side making the left side look bigger. Is this normal? My surgeon told me to wait for now

This usually is due to some asymmetry of the bridge

+2

3 months is a little early so I'd wait a few more months before jumping to conclusions.  If the asymmetry persists, most likely it is caused by the bridge being a bit more prominant on one side than the other.  Even a millimeter or 2 mm difference can cause this finding.  If it is subtle and the overall improvements to your nose are significant, you may want to try to view it as a small imperfection that was part of a large overall improvement.  If it really bothers you, you may consider pursuing a small revision.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry After The Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Sasha,

At 3 months post-surgery, it is a bit early to assess the final results of your rhinoplasty.

It is pretty normal that at this point your nose be swollen as it is not uncommon that uneven swelling occurs causing the irregularity you have described.

Nonetheless, without knowing the full details of your surgery and physically examining your nose it is hard to be 100% certain of what is causing your nasal asymmetry.

I recommend that you be a little more patient and follow your surgeon's instructions religiously; usually the final results are established at about 12 months after surgery.

I hope this helps and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Left and right profile appear different after rhinoplasty

+1

Three months is a bit too soon to tell, and it is possible that you may have some uneven swelling at this time. Depending on the nature of your surgery, it can take up to one year to see the final result.  This is especially true if tip work was performed during your surgery. I would give it some time and see how the healing progresses, and speak with your surgeon to get his or her opinion.  Thank you and good luck with your recovery!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Asymmetry 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should wait another 6-9 months before making any decisions regarding the possible need for a revision. If the asymmetry is in your bridge you will probably need a revision but be patient.

Different profiles left and right

+1

I must agree with your surgeon. You must wait before you schedule an unnecessary revision. I believe this will correct itself with tim . Listen to your surgeon

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Side to Side Rhinoplasty

+1

Each person has two sides.  Reasonable symmetry is the goal and is often achieved, but not always.  Give your surgeons a full 12 months before you get too critical of your "duel look."

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose should look really good 3 months after rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

At three months you are looking at something close to the final result.  A little imperfection does not necessarily mean you need a revision.  But you need to feel satisfied.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)