What Are Some Options To Fix My Short, Wide Nose? (photo)

I'm eighteen years old, but I have the nose of a baby... It's so fat and short. What can I do about it? And what are the cheapest and easiest options?

Options to fix short wide nose

+1

I think you will need the bridge built up with a cartilage graft and the tip narrowed and refined. i would recommend an open rhinoplasty unless you have a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

I can help

+1

Good Afternoon, pictures never do a "before" image justice.  There are many options to provide you with a more attractive nose.  The bridge, tip and more can be fixed.  Once you're examined in person, I wil be able to provide you with a clear plan and an idea of what to expect.

Dr. Grasseschi

Mitchell F. Grasseschi, MD

What Are Some Options To Fix My Short, Wide Nose?

+1

IMHO, the nasal tip could be thinned as well as the nasal bone section.  It appears that the nasal bridge is quite low which could be raised, during the Rhinoplasty, if this is a concern.

How to Fix a Wide Short Nose

+1

You should be able to improve the areas that concern you with nasal surgery. Based upon just the photos my initial thoughts would be to conservatively elevate the bridge of the nose, reduce the amount of subcutaneous fat in the tip and place graftsin the tip to better define the tip and to create improved projection and length of the nose. Although this is all possible, it is not a surgery for the inexperienced surgeon in my opinion. Look for a seasoned nasal surgeon and see several surgeons if possible. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

How to fix my short wide nose

+1

It's hard to make a complete judgement without seeing the context of your whole face but it appears that you have a shallow bridge, short length and rounded tip. Rhinoplasty with augmentation of your bridge and tip shaping should meet your goals.

Don't look for cheap and easy. Look for experience and skill. This is your face and you are going to display it everyday of your life. Divide that by the cost and you will have excellent value.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for a short wide nose

+1

No matter what the problems are, there are techniques in rhinoplasty which can address all of them. A short wide nose is no different. During your consultation bring your ideas of what you are expecting, and computer imaging will allow you to 'try out' changes on your photos for the best fit.

peterejohnsonmd

Best Options to Fix Short Wide Nose

+1

Hi Pony,

Unfortunately there are no short cuts or "cheap" fixes for your concerns about your nose.  You will require a rhinoplasty by a skilled and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to achieve your aesthetic nasal goals.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD