Nose Short & Wide with Nostrils Showing, Can Tip Be Dropped or Septum Lengthened? (photo)

3 months ago i had a closed Rhinoplasty. It looks like he raised the radix, blunted the tip & did Osteotomies. He said he also lifted the tip as hump removal can make the nose look longer. I asked for a nostril reduction but was told my nose would be narrower regardless. My nose now looks short, wide & flat at base due to the tip lift. My nostrils are still wide & now pig-like open. I feel a nostril reduction will no longer suit due to the proportions/raised tip & no curve to cover the nostrils.

Shortened, rotated tip after prior rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose is likely still healing at this early stage. If your concerns persist even after your nose healing has stabilized you could consider revision rhinoplasty to bring your tip position back down. You also have a decrease in projection which could also be changed with a revision.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

As you are only 3 months out from your rhinoplasty, you still have nasal swelling that will continue to settle.  The nasal tip can be brought down and the nostrils narrowed if you desire to do so.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can better assist you in achieving the results you seek. 

Kimberly Lee, MD