My Nose is Too Short Can It Be Made Longer?

I had a rhinoplasty and my nose is now too short. It looks so horrible and unnatural. It has been 8 months already and still too short and horrible. Is there anyway I can have my nose length back? Everyone keeps telling me how difficult the revision surgery be. Can anyone please help me or recommend someone in NY or Brazil. I was considering Ivo Pitoguy who they consider Michael Angelo but he is not 82yrs old and still performing surgery. What do you think? Please I am desperate for help.

Lengthening Your Nose

+2

At 8 months, it is too soon to revise your short nose, but  it is a good time to start considering your options for surgery and interview potential surgeons. There are many excellent revision surgeons here in the US - you don't need to leave the country.

Unhappy at 8 months

+1

In regards to all of your posts - It is extremely difficult to answer your questions without seeing your photos or examining you – it would be very helpful to post images showing your areas of concern

Sam Naficy, MD

Lengthening a short nose

+1

Lengthening the short nose is a very difficult procedure during the revision rhinoplasty. There are some techniques that are available such as cartilage grafting and extended spreader grafts provided there is enough cartilage left on the inside of the nose. If there is not any cartilage left on the inside of the nose, a rib graft or ear graft may have to be employed. There are other maneuvers at the caudal septum that can be addressed depending upon the patient’s needs, wishes, and desires. It is important to wait at least one year after the surgery before embarking on any further revision surgery. Make sure you look for a surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries and is well versed in revision rhinoplasty.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

82 years old and operating ? There are many excellent surgeons near you. Do your homework talk to several and go with the one you feel best understands your issues.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

It is difficult to comment without examining you.  A revision should wait until 12 months after surgery so that the tissues are soft enough tto work on.  Certainly you can go for a consult know and set it up.

Revision Rhinoplasty - Lengthening a shortened Nose

+1

Regarding : " "My nose is too short can it be made longer?  I had a rhinoplasty and my nose is now too short. It looks so horrible and unnatural. It has been 8 months already and still too short and horrible. Is there anyway I can have my nose length back? Everyone keeps telling me how difficult the revision surgery be. Can anyone please help me or recommend someone in NY or Brazil. I was considering Ivo Pitoguy who they consider Michael Angelo but he is not 82yrs old and still performing surgery. What do you think? Please I am desperate for help"

To lengthen a shortened nose the nasal tip needs to be pushed forward and supported with straight and sturdy cartilage grafts. The amount of nose scarring, the condition of your tip and the availability of cartilage grafting material would determine the ease and likelihood of success of your revision operation.

You do NOT need to leave the US much less New York for major revision Rhinoplasty. I would refer you to EITHER Dr. Tabbal or Dr. Pastorek in New York or Dr. Jack Gunter in Dallas.

Good Luck.

Dr. Aldea

Short nose

+1

The choice of your surgeon determies the ultimate outcome.

Now you have a problem, short nose after rhinoplasty, cartilage was taken or modified, scarring has occured, you need a vey experienced surgeon

See Dr. B. Guyuron, Chairrman Department of Plastic Surgery at Case Wesern Reserve university, cleveland, Ohio 

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

After rhinoplasty, swelling may last for 18-24 months and the final result will not be evident until that time. It is best to be patient, and wait at least one year before any revision work is performed. It is possible to lengthen the nose, and it is difficult. It is hard to give you accurate advice without seeing photos. When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, revision rhinoplasty may yield excellent results. Best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD