A Nose Like Alicia Keys?

I would like my nose to be similar to hers. I would like for my nose to be more refined and not so round looking.

A Nose Like Alicia Keys?

+4

It's very easy to fall in love with the looks of a celebrity, but remember, what looks good on them may not be right for you. Why? We all have different facial proportions. Rhinoplasty must be tailored to the individual. It should maintain balance between all your other facial features. That way, the nose blends into the face and other features (like your eyes) stand out. Also, rhinoplasty is not like molding clay. There are limitations based upon your anatomy. Your surgeon can help you figure out what nose will be best for you and let you know what is and is not possible.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

A nose like Alicia Keys.

+2

Your photo is helpful as it gives me an idea your facial proportions and nasal contour.  While I believe its a realistic expectation to get some refinement in your nasal tip and to decrease the width of your nasal base, to have as a goal  Alicia Keys nasal tip is not realistic.  Your tissues and hers are not the same and it would be disingenuous for anyone to claim they could deliver that result.  What can be delivered is an improvement in your nasal facial balance, one that is personal to you.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Nose Like Alicia Keys

+2

Like you, most of our patients will refer to a celebrity to describe a positive physical feature when consulting about a change in their appearance. In fact we publish the most requested looks in our annual "Hollywoods Hottest Looks" survey which we post every year. The results can be seen on our website. Surgery will not provide a nose identical to Alicia Keys'  butrefering to her will give an insight to your aesthetic tastes during consultation with your surgeon.

Alicia Keys nose

+2

Everyones body habitus is a bit different, while I understand that you want tip refinement, and that can be done, Alicia Keys is not you and you are not Alicia Keys, she has different features than you and it would be hard to match it exactly.

A nose like Alicia Keys?

+2

A consult with an experienced plastic surgeon who performs rhinoplasty is a good place to start.  Your nose is a bit wide at the tip and maybe the base so your expectations are likely realistic.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Refining the African-American nose.

+2

Yes, refining of your nose can be done and should be done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who has done hundreds of these noses. Make sure you look at live patients the surgeon has done and not just computer images.

More refined looking nose

+2

Consult an experienced surgeon who has had experience with "ethnic noses ".  It is likely your nose can be made to look more like you describe you want.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alicia Keys and rhinoplasty

+1

The hardest thing a plastic surgeon has to deal with is a person wanting a specific result like a well-known star. Angelinia Jolie's lips, for instance, are perhaps the prototype of this type of request which I think are distinct but neither aesthetic or attractive. The role of a palstic surgeon, in my view and my philosophy, is to untap your own inner beauty. Sometimes, and that is important to note, sometimes we do that through surgery, but the main way we do that is through talking, conversation, and the patient-physician relationship that is built through honesty and trust. We certainly say things that people don't want to hear, but that's our job because when we don't and simply cater to what the patient wants and pays for, we end up with tabloid stories of the Octamom and such, which really hurt what those among us who care about our patients and speciality and trying to achieve.

Srdjan Ostric, MD