Botched Rhinoplasty 8 Months Ago. Can my Nose Be Saved? Can Nostrils Be Increased?

Please see a picture of the state of my nose after a primary procedure done 8 months ago. I now realize that my primary doctor botched my procedure. I never asked for him to make my nostrils smaller but he suggested making them "3mm" smaller to fit the rest of nose. Now it looks like my tip area is collapsing in. Is there anything that can be done for me? I would like for the tip area of of my nose to be made wider. Also, can anybody give me an idea just what is going on with it? Thank you.

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

As swelling resolves, you're able to see what was done during your surgery. Discuss your complaints with your surgeon. It will be helpful to get a second opinion from another physician. Because your nose can be improved.

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Unfortunately, the photo is not enough information to provide surgical advice.  In strongly suggest that you return to your Surgeon and discuss the specifics of your concerns. It is likely that your will be told that 8 months is still a little early to be actively planning a revision; 1 year is more typical.  If you are not satisfied, see a revision Rhinoplasty specialist.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

A well-performed Injectable Filler procedure may be utilized to increase the width of your tip.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed the photo you posted. You could obtain natural-looking results by filling the deep creases on both sides of your tip. You could have your nostril margins lowered as well. My personal preference for non-surgical rhinoplasty rrocedures is Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

I've attached a link to my realself gallery for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Secondary rhinoplasty

+1

At 8 months it  may still be too soon to offer a revision. It is always good to get a copy of your surgeon's operative report if you are seeking help from another doctor so the next doctor can have an idea about what may have been done during surgery.

Nasal revision for tip narrowing.

+1

You should discuss this with your surgeon first and then get an opinion from a revision rhinoplasty specialist. The tip looks pinched but one would need to see better photos. It can be fixed however!

Rhinoplasty 8 mo ago

+1

At 8 months, you are likely seeing what your nose will look like.  It's hard to give any specific advice without seeing you in person.  However, I would recommend you speak to your rhinoplasty surgeon about your concerns and whether you'd be a candidate for a revision in a few months.  I'm sure he/she would be happy to talk to you to answer you questions.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD