Heavy Breathing After Nose Surgery

Dear Doctors, I had nose surgery 3 years ago,but after that i have nose running problem and heavy breathing.if i bandage the nose will help my breathing. as you see by photos is asymmetric now . I like to have narrower nose, smallers strait nostrils and much defined one, with pretty defined dimension like the last photo i provided here. 2-how can i have wider,fuller jaw line? 3-can all be corrected with fuller lip & shortening distance to nose together in one surgery? total cost?

Rhinoplasty and nasal valve collapse

+3
Sounds like you may have a nasal valve collapse which can occur after rhinoplasty and is often due to removing a nasal hump. The surgeon's fee for rhinoplasty varies in my office from $3500 to $5000. The chin and jawline can be improve with a chin implant or injectable fillers and the cost varies with your choice of procedure which is best determined during consultation with your plastic surgeon. The upper lip area can get more definition with fillers. Reducing the distance between your upper lip and nose tip can be addressed through various methods which are most appropriately discussed after your revision rhinoplasty which would be performed to make your nose more symmetric, improve your nostrils and reshape the tip as well as improve your breathing.
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+2

From just the information in your post there is no way to recommend any type of surgery or quote you a cost. Your case and complaints are not a straightforward just remove a bump on the bridge. The required information besides a face to face examination to assess what exactly is impairing airflow through your nose and if there is septal perforation or allergies contributing to the running nose includes examination of the presurgery photos and the operative report to see what exactly was done at your surgery.

The photos show the tip asymmetry you describe, a low bridge profile (lowered root of the nose) and a hanging columella. Although those issues could be corrected by a composite graft inside the nose on the right, a graft to the bridge and trimming of the caudal septum those maneuvers would not address all of your complaints. Before you see any surgeon for the corrective surgery make sure you get a copy of the operative report and the photos from the previous surgeon and bring them with you to your consultation. I suspect some of this asymmetry was present before surgery because your facial bones are asymmetric and even the outer corners of the eyes are at different levels.

I recommend you address the nasal issues before doing anything to the jaw and that you throw away or ignore the Kardashian photo that you posted. Those types of photos are heavily doctored by make up artists before the photo and photographers afterward prior to publication of the photo. You are an individual and should not want to look like a carbon copy of anyone else.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.