I have a nose ring in the side of my nose. Can i still get reshaping surgery on my nose? (bridge and nostrils)

I have a nose ring in the side of my nose. Can i still get reshaping surgery on my nose?

+1

The ring can be removed prior to surgery.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and nose ring

+1

It is possible to undergo rhinoplasty with a nose ring in place however it will have to be removed for the surgery should probably be left out for at least a month or 2 after the surgery so as not to interfere with the healing process

+1

This is not usually a problem. The ring must be removed during surgery to prevent any burns. However, the normal placement of nose rings is in an area that is not affected by rhinoplasty surgery. However, you should ask your chosen surgeon whether this represents an issue for you. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping Surgery

+1

You should be able to get reshaping surgery done on your nose without any problems. If you are truly concerned though, your best bet would be to set up a consultation with your local plastic surgeon to ask exactly how the piercing could potentially affect the specific reshaping that you'd like. Best of luck!

Robert Guida, MD

Nose ring and rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Rebubbled,

Most patients with nose rings will need to remove them for the procedure and then may put them back after the surgery. This will not effect your ability to have rhinoplasty surgery. Depending on the nostril reshaping if you have weirs done you may need to have the piercing redone for proper placement. This can be determined during the consultation phase. I hope this is helpful thank you for your inquiry. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD