Cartilage Filling Put On Wrong Side In Nose Revision Surgery, What Can I Do? (photo)

had a revision on my nose on the 15/nov/11. I needed a filling on the R side of my nose to make it more semetrical and the nostrils reduced because they were too large and out there. what i came out with is a slanted nose. He put the filling (cartilage) on the wrong side but he wouldn't admit to it. Its pretty obvious! he is ignoring me telling me he put a filling on both sides but we never talked about filling on both sides as one side did not need it. Can you offer me some advice?

Nasal Valve Collapse

+1

Hi,

From  the pics you sent, it looks like you have a nasal valve collapse from your first surgery. The correct treatment for this is to use a butterfly alar graft to open the nasal valve. This is ususally done through an open rhinoplasty approach. Filling cartilage is not really going to do much for you.

Dr.S

Cartilage Put on Wrong side in Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

First of all you do have swelling 3 weeks after your revision rhinoplasty. I don't know what you discussed pre-operatively, but I would have recommended cartilage grafts on both sides of your tip.I suggest you wait at least 6 months before deciding what will be done to meet your expectations. I'm sorry but you have to be patient at this time as healing progresses.