Nose Reshaping Without the Surgery

I would like to make my nose symmetrical, but for many reasons do not want to go through surgery.I know there are other options such as fillers, but I am not sure if it would help in my case.

I also wanted to know the downside of permanent fillers. Symmetry is my 1st goal.I would love the tip to be more refined, but understand it may be impossible w/out surgery.I would love your thoughts. Also, searching the web I came across NoseRight & NoseSecret & facial exercises

You do not appear to be a favorable candidate for a Non-surgical Rhinoplasty treatment.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. You would not be able to achieve significant tip narrowing or refinement by adding fillers: that would only make your tip wider. Your nose also appears to drift towards your left, and this would also require Rhinoplasty Surgery to correct.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately, the Internet products you mention as well as the facial exercises you describe are unlikely to do anything to meaningfully reshape the nose. Some patients can definitely benefit from fillers (a non-surgical rhinoplasty), but from what I can see in these photos, such a nose would not be improved with fillers. It's probably going to require an actual rhinoplasty to reshape your nose.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers Can Work Well For Nose Reshaping in Selected Cases

+1

During the past several years I have had success in nonsurgically  reshaping a variety of nasal problems. These have included dents and bumps post rhinoplasty, traumatic injuries, and simple nasal asymmetries of the tip or sides of the nasal wings and splits within the center of the tip.

When dealing with such problems I usually suggest a harmless saline test to judge the possible outcome. A small amount of physiologic salt water is injected into the areas requiring treatment. Together I and the patient can then judge if the desired effect can be obtained. If the simple saline test indicates that a gratifying result is possible, I then treat with a hyaluronic acid filler, usually Juvederm.

Should the result prove  less than optimal, hyaluronic acid fillers can be quickly and easily dissolved with hyaluronidase, and enzyme that dissoves hyaluronic acid, providing an enormous safety factor. If the result obtained is satisfactory, the next time treatment is required, usually about a year down the road when the filler has been metabolized away, I will then use  a semipermanent filler, such as Radiesse, to provide a much longer-lasting result.

Performed in this manner, I have found that most patients can obtain results that improve the appearance of their noses in minutes without the need for surgery. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

+1

So-called nonsurgical rhinoplasty is an option if someone has contour depressions that can be filled, and they are willing to accept a temporary change.  I have had consistent success with Radiesse, but it is critical that it be done in small volumes, with the patient returning for subtle touch-ups if necessary.  Unfortunately, your nose is not appropriate for nonsurgical rhinoplasty.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Stay away from fillers

+1
If you want permanent changes to your nose, you need a rhinoplasty. Fillers are a BAD idea. For refinement, surgery is needed.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Non surgical rhinoplasty has limitations.

+1

Hi.

1)  Unfortunately, you are not really a candidate for fillers.  One would have to inject into the right side, above your tip, and this would make your nose more symmetrycal, but far too wide.

2)  Permanent fillers are a very bad idea.  If you were a candidate, you would want a long lasting but not permanent filler, such as Juvederm Ultra Plus.

3)  You would look better with a more sculptured tip, but this can only be done with surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)