Can I Get my Nose Reshaped Without Surgery?

Please Help me, i'm really really worried about it.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty, using fillers, depends on what is wrong with the shape of your nose.

+1

Hi Madam Jolly;

For some people, particularly those with only a low bridge, using a facial filler, rather than surgery, is an excellent option.  Remember that, typically, the filler products work best when there is "too little."  If your nose is big already, then putting a filler in is only going to worsen the problem.  Let's also consider that some people have asymmetries, where one side is a little lower than the other.  That would be another indication for the use of a nonsurgical reshaping technique.

The real issue is what is wrong with your nose, and what could be helped by filling, which is an additive process rather than rhinoplasty surgery, which, typically is a reduction process.  What I mean by that is most people having rhinoplasty have things wrong with their nose that can be corrected by "taking off" tissues. That would include:

•    Removing the bump
  •    Narrowing the nose
  •    Refining the tip
  •    Lifting the nose from the lip

None of the above can be matched by a nonsurgical injection rhinoplasty

I suggest that you consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon who is known for his expertise in nasal surgery and  whose practice is mostly nasal surgery.  Ideally, that practitioner will be fellowship trained in addition to having completed residency and being board certified.  If you are considering a nonsurgical, or filler, rhinoplasty, then, of course, you want to consult with someone who has experience using the various filler products. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Of course!

+1

I have used hyaluronic acid products, Radiesse and ArteFill for non-surgical rhinoplasty.  I usually start patients with a temporary filler to ensure that they love the result, then when they do and they need more, I use ArteFill which is the most enduring filler.  Make sure you find a qualified physician who has before and after photos to show you before doing anything!

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty can work.

+1

Hi.

Everything depends on your exact anatomy.  Radiesse injected deeply is safe and lasts a long time.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Reshape nose without surgery

+1

The answer is YES, certain features of the nose CAN be improved without surgery.  Injectables, in general, are soft and non structural.  They can be used to fill concavities and soften rough contours.  Fillers, however, are no substitute for rhinoplasty, which in many cases is life changing, and can make an unattractive face beautiful.  Depending on what you look like, what you want, and who does your surgery, rhinoplasty may be the best investment you ever make.

Steve Laverson, MD

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Depending upon the shape of your nose and what it is about your nose that you would like changed, a non surgical rhinoplasty may work for you.  A non surgical rhinoplasty essentially uses dermal fillers such as Restylane or Radiesse to fill in concavities of your nose.  When used properly and in the right patient, the results of a non surgical rhinoplasty can be quite impressive.  I have also used this technique in patients with small defects who have already undergone rhinoplasty surgery.  A thorough evaluation of your nose would really be necessary to establish whether or not this is a good procedure for you.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Depending on what needs to be done, a non-surgical rhinoplasty may be option.  It's hard to say without seeing your nose or what you are trying to achieve.

Kimberly Lee, MD