Can my Nose Be Refined?

I dont have a flat nose but I would like the tip to be less bulbous and the nostrils more refined. Would that be possible based on my picture? I did have a celibrity nose in mind but I really want something that fits my face and enhances my features and that isnt fake looking.

Refining a bulbous nose is possible

+2

Rhinoplasty is an operation that is done to refine the nose. There are multiple areas that can be refined, such as narrowing the tip cartilages through both interdomal and intradomal suturing techniques. Occasionally excess cartilage is removed from the tip. Any bump can be removed from the bridge with rasping. The nasal bones are narrowed and straightened with osteotomies. This is also performed to make sure that the nose balances with itself and with the remaining facial features. It is also important to make sure that the breathing remains open as well.  

Nasal Tip Refinement

+2

Your tip can be refined with rhinoplasty surgery. As you suggest the tip should be changed so it is proportional to other parts of the nose and the surrounding facial features. The key to successful rhinoplasty surgery is a natural result; it is not a compliment when a stranger asks who did your nose.

Can my Nose Be Refined?

+2

Yes, the tip and nostrils can be narrowed but only to a certain degree. The thickness of your skin will limit the amount of definition you may attain. You can achieve improvement, but you may not get the celebrity's nose for which you are looking. On the other hand, that celebrity nose may not be the right fit for your face.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may result in tip narrowing and nostril narrowing.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photo. You appear to be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery. You should consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what could be feasible with well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, refinement of this nose is possible!

+2

Nice cosmetic changes are possible, but the exact type and degree of change is absolutely dependent on physical exam of your skin thickness, as well as the underlying cartilagenous and bony support structures, and discussion about your breathing. Photos of a desired nasal appearance can help your rhinoplasty surgeon determine if you have realistic expectations, and can serve as a useful tool in discussions about the anticipated cosmetic changes to your own unique nose. This could be tip rhinoplasty only, or may involve a full cosmetic rhinoplasty--you and your surgeon will decide on what is best to give you your best and most natural result.

Don't expect a "perfect match" to the celebrity nose of your choice, as your own result will almost certainly be different. (It may be BETTER, it could be WORSE, and it probably will be very close, and very nice, and really your OWN!)  Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Refine the nose

+2

Rhinoplasty would be able to give you a narrower, more refined tip.  I would suggest seeing a rhinoplasty surgeon in consultation and bringing the photos of the celebrity you like.  He/She will be able to see what look you desire and tell you if it is realistically possible based on your anatomy or if it would be aesthetically pleaseing on your face.  Many plastic surgeons including myself use photos simulations that can help you visualize what your final result may be, so that may also help you.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Yes - your nose can be refined with tip rhinoplasty

+2

Yes - your nose can be refined with tip rhinoplasty. With a single photo it is hard to determine what might need to be done with the nasal bridge or projection of the nose.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip-plasty for refinement of the bulbous tip.

+2

Without seeing more photos and assuming only the bulbous tip is the problem, all you need is a tip plasty. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Nasal tip refinement for boxy tip

+2

Your thicker skin would likely require cartilage grafts in order to significantly alter the shape of the tip of your nose.

Best Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+2

Hi Mya,

Your nose and bulbous tip can be refined by rhinoplasty.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully. See web reference below. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD