Nose Rasping 7 Months Post Operative?

Hello doctors, I had a rhinoplasty 7 months ago and while my results were great I noticed a tiny bump appearing on the bridge, just above the tip. Its really really small and not exactly noticeable unless I point it out however, I'd like to have it rasped. If it could be done with local anaesthsia in the doctor's office. Is that possible? Also would I have to go through the healing process all over again?

Hump at 7 months

+2

A tiny bump above the tip at 7 months may be residual swelling.   I usually wait the full year, because these things tend to resolve.  This area can be shaved down under local anesthesia, but this does start the swelling process in motion again - not to the degree of the original. Steroid injection may be appropriate in certain scenarios.

Minor touch ups are possible

+2

Depending on the deformity, minor adjustments can be made.  Depending on the degree of correction needed the work can sometimes be done without major anesthesia.

It is important to make sure that the deformity is in need of correction and not just some soft tissue healing.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon