Nose Looks a Little Pinched 2 Months Post Op ,will This Turns Worse? (Pics)

I am 2 months post op. I read that swelling hide contour of the nose. So I am afraid when swelling goes down ,it looks more pinched. Do I have a valid concerns? There is no point of asking my surgeon, because he will only try to calm me down.

Tip Looks Excellent,Not Pinched 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+5

Thank you for your question. As others have said you will not see your final result until at least a year. The nasal tip will likely be more refined after that time.

However the "worms eye" view shows excellent nasal aesthetics which implies to me that the underlying structures have been reconstructed appropriately.

I do suggest that you consult your surgeon.

Swollen and pinched 2 months after Rhinoplasty

+2

At 2 months, the nose can still be swollen from what appears to be an open Rhinoplasty so the tip may look similar on both sides or not, only time will tell.  The columellar area will most likel stay very similar to how it looks in those pictures.

Tip pinched

+1

You have a long way to go before getting worried. Especially since it looks like you had an "open' approach. Tip edema lasts longer and it will continue to change for you.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ok for now

+1

Right now your frontal aesthetics look good to me.  But how much change occurs from now on depends on where you started and what your surgeon did.  Everything is in the nose for a reason. If you have enough support to hold the soft tissues out, nothing will change much.  If you have lost support and the skin can shrink, the tip will narrow. If the skin can't shrink, as it often can't in males, you may lose funciton at your external valves but not have a visible deformity.  Good luck to you.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip appears to be slightly narrow, but not unnaturally. Swelling usually resolve completely at 6 months to a year, but it doesn't appear that there is any reason to worry based on these pictures.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Pinched Nose Two Months After Rhinoplasty in Egypt

+1

Hi Z,

There is nothing to do about your nose at this time but wait at least for at least 6 to 12 months before considering any revision surgery.  Hopefully your nose will heal well and to your satisfaction, and your country's revolution will bring peace and freedom to your home.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

2 MONTHS POST-OP RHINOPLASTY

+1

Because the nose continues to take shape for up to a year, even longer sometimes, it is not only reasonable but appropriate for you surgeon to try to put you at ease at this early stage.  Although with time, swelling does reside it does not necessarily mean you will end up with a pinched nasal tip.  Continue to be very patient and adhere to your follow up visits...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

+1

In some patients due to anatomy of lower lateral cartilages, the existing lateral concavity becomes exaggerated and will appears as pinched. You still have a long way to go before swelling subsides and the shape of your nose will change with time. Until that time, you  may try fillers in a couple months but only the kind that last 6 months to evaluate the result.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 Months is Too Early to Worry

+1

Your concern is very valid. As a general rule you want the contour of the nose to look a bit fuller in the first 6 months or so, to account for the swelling. As the swelling decreases, potential problem areas will become more evident.

From the front view it does appear that you are pinched in on your left nostril. As the swelling decreases and the tissues contract, as part of the healing process, the pinching may worsen.

I would have close follow up with your surgeon, or seek a second opinion from a rhinoplasty specialist.

Michel Siegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 Months is Too Early to Worry

+1

Much will change in the appearance of the tip of your nose during the year - to year-and-a-half after rhinoplasty.

The tip of your nose is probably a bit swollen, but as the swelling comes down, it doesn't mean it will end up appearing pinched.

Do stay closely in touch with your surgeon, let him know your concerns. Revision in the next 6-12 months is probably ill-advised, unless there is an obvious deformity or scarring problem.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon