Nose Pinched Hard 2 Weeks After Septoplasty - Will This Damage my Nose?

My friend pinched my entire nose quite hard 2 weeks after my Septoplasty (a bit like how swimmers do when they go under water). It only hurt for a split second and as of yet I haven't noticed much difference in my breathing. However, I'm now paranoid that this could damage my nose or disturb the healing process. This might seem like a ridiculous question, but I don't want to have to go through this all over again! Am I worrying unnecessarily? Laura

Post Septoplasty Trauma

+2

Dear Laura, The best thing to do is always see your surgeon and discuss the events that happened and your concerns. He/she will know best what was done during your surgery and if they feel any consequences will be suffered due to the 'pinching" trauma. If you did not have any swelling, bleeding or after effects we may assume it is fine and that you should not worry.However, I always say better safe then sorry see your surgeon, get some peace of mind regarding your healing. I always encourage my patients to see me with any questions anytime! Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.