When Will my Nose Look Less Like a Pig?

I just got my cast off today 8 days post op, I'm 15 years old so I'm healing really fast. My tip looks really round and my nose just looks really fat and I feel like a pig. I don't want to go out because I look so weird and when will I be able to go out without people noticing I look like a pig?

Unhappy 1 week after Rhinoplasty

+3

Your nose looks like it's healing well and does not look like a pig at all, IMHO.  You should have this discussion with your Rhinoplasty surgeon for further advice and counceling.

Swollen nose after rhinoplasty

+1

From your photos you seem to have a normal amount of swelling. It can be difficult at first to become accustomed to the changes to your nose. Your tip was under-rotated before surgery and your surgeon improved this.

The swelling will be most noticeable in your tip like you describe and should improve over the course of 12 months. The majority resolves in the first few months.

You can discuss your concerns with your surgeon to get an even better sense of how you're progressing.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is important to realize that your nose will be swollen for 6 months after rhinoplasty.  The first three weeks, everyone will be able to tell it is swollen, from 1 month to 6 months only you will be able to tell.  There is no way to avoid this, so it is something that you have to accept.  In addition, the swelling will change every day.  This is related to variations in healing rates along with things like which side you slept on.  Because of this, some days your nose will look crooked and some days straight.  Again, this is something that you must accept because it is an unchangeable part of the surgery.

Now for the good news, based upon the photos provided, it appears that your surgeon did a great job and you will be happy with the results long-term.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male

+1

You are way goo early to evaluate your nose The tip takes the longest to heal and some swelling will persist for months but, from what i see, you are good to go out. Be patient and see your surgeon

David A. Bray, Sr., MD