Will a nose piercing scar ever fade? (photo)

I had my nose pierced for about 9 months, and it ended up getting infected and developed a bump so I took it out thinking that it would simply heal up. Now I have a scar that has been here for 4 months and has not improved at all. Will it ever fade or will it require surgical removal?

Nasal Piercing Scar

+1
Time will make a scar less noticeable but a scar is a scar is a scar. It will never be perfectly normal but in time, the scar may become more inconspicuous.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to evaluate, follow, and offer you all of the non-surgical and surgical alternatives for scar resolution.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon