Will a Nose Piercing Interfere with a Nonsurgical Nose Job?

I'd like to get a non surgical nose job sometime in the future. I feel that I would be an ideal candidate for one, because I only want to add a bit to my bridge where there is a depression, so that it will be more symmetrical. My nose isn't very large and it doesn't have a bump. However, I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced in the near future with a small stud. Would I still be able to get this procedure? Also, would it make a difference whether it were a temporary filler or permanent?

Nose Piercing and Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

A nasal piercing should in no way interfere with a non surgical nose job. This is because piercings typically go through the nasal ala (the fleshy sides of the nose) or the septum. Injectables are placed into the bridge of the nose or in the tip. Therefore, you should have no problem with the ring (although it might be adivsable to remove it during the injection, so that it doesn't get in the way of your physician). 

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Annaliese,

Having your nose pierced before, during or after a non surgical rhinoplasty should not interfere with your results.  You can even ask your plastic surgeon to pierce your nose at the same time if you like so you can walk out with your brand new nose!

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nostril piercing

+1

It sounds as though you are an excellent candidate for a nonsurgical rhinoplasty. A piercing in one of your nostrils should not interfere with filler injections to the bridge of your nose.

For your first time doing this I would recommend a temporary filler. It will give you an opportunity to see your "new" nose and be certain that you are satisfied with the outcome and your new appearance. 

Jeffrey Fromowitz, MD, FAAD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

A nose piercing should not interfere with an Injectable Filler treatment to the bridge of your nose.

+1

I read your concern:

I presume you would have one of your nostrils pierced. If you have an indentation in your nasal bridge and want it filled, the nostril piercing should not interfere.

All the best.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon