Nose picking or blowing tends to make the nostrils bigger/wider (temporarily). Do their shape go back to "normal" naturally?

Through research here on RealSelf I've confirmed that permanent change to the shape of the nostrils or nose (from picking or blowing) is highly unlikely - except if it is VERY excessive or frequent (etc.). So this I know. Still I've been squeezing the nose "back into shape" when I've noticed the nostrils being wider than usual. I'm left with the feeling that this shouldn't be necessary. However I can't convince myself about this. This is why i seek your advice. Thank you for your time, doc!

Shape

+2

The best advice would be to stop worrying and leave your nose alone. Your nostrils should not change in shape though unless you are recall being traumatic and that would hurt.

Dr Corbin

Brea Plastic Surgeon